As you can see from the photo above—which is a couple of months old—I’m back to wearing my hair in its naturally curly state. I can still wear a straighter ‘do if I’m up to it, but it takes so much energy for me to get it into a straight look:
- set it on those giant rollers
- wait for it to dry (which seems to take forever)
- unwrap my hair from one roller at a time, blow drying each one to ensure the hair is completely dry
- use my straight iron on each curl to make even more sure it is dry and also to straighten it more
- brush out my hair
- use said straight iron again on the areas that refused to cooperate all those other times
- finally done!
All this is extremely difficult for me these days, especially when you throw in the added problem of arthritis in my shoulders.
So what’s a gal to do? Go back to what God gave me! After 60-some years, I have decided to finally embrace my natural curls. Sad that it had to take so long, huh?
How about you ladies out there? Are you happy with your hair the way it naturally is or do you change things up a lot?