I purposely have not written anything about either Presidential candidate. That’s not what this blog is about. Plus I couldn’t in good conscience fully endorse either of the candidates. When I woke up this morning and read that Donald Trump had won the election, several thoughts were swirling through my mind. I feel the need to write about them today.
My prayers to God during this entire campaign were that He would not forsake our nation. He does have every right to do so because the United States of America, which was founded on Christian principles and beliefs, has strayed very far away from those roots. But still I prayed for Him to give us another chance, and I know many others were praying for the same thing.
God is still in control. He is the one who puts people in positions of authority, including our government leaders. Romans 13:1-2 says:
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.
This is what has given me peace about this election—no matter what the outcome. God is and will always be the great I AM, and His plan is always perfect. As my sweet hubby said the other night when we were talking about this, God’s will be done!
Let me leave you with these wise and truthful words that a close friend sent to me this morning:
After the election is over, we can still guarantee these results:
1. God will still be on His throne.
2. Jesus will still be King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
3. The Bible will still have every answer to every problem.
4. The tomb will still be empty.
5. Jesus will still be the only way to heaven.
6. Prayer will still work; it will still make a difference,
…..and God will still answer prayer.
7. The cross—not the government—will still be our salvation.
8. There will still be room at the cross.
9. Jesus will still save anyone who places
…..their faith and trust in Him.
10. God will still be with us always—
…..He will never leave us nor forsake us.Thank You, Lord, for these truths!